Study Abroad

You must meet with a BIP adviser BEFORE going abroad (to ensure that you will be able to successfully complete the minor.)  If you want to count courses towards the completion of your minor, you must bring in a copy of the course description to see if it will be approved.  If you change courses once abroad, you must e-mail the BIP program to see if your new courses will be approved.

Upon returning from abroad, you must fill out the Petition for Credit for Courses Taken Abroad  form and return it to the BIP office with a course syllabus and a transcript from the university you studied at.  Our program director will determine if you can get credit.  You must then pick up the form and drop it off at the office of studies and advising for the credit to be officially transferred.

The following link contains a list of classes that BIP students have taken abroad and counted towards their minor.  Credits listed indicate the BIP requirement that the course can be substituted for.  BIP 3XX count towards one BIP elective credit.

Previously Approved Study Abroad Courses